Members of the Connecticut After School Network can post job openings on this page. Please contact Marla Berrios at email@example.com.
Looking for a part-time job, a new career or simply want to make a difference? Click the headings below to jump to openings in the corresponding organizations. Job descriptions and contact information are listed under each posting. Please contact the organization directly for any inquiries.
Inside the Network Opportunities
JOB OPENINGS (no job positions available at this time)
State Wide Job Opportunities
EASTCONN will initiate, support and facilitate partnerships, collaborations and regional solutions that are responsive to the needs of all learners through exemplary programs, products and services.
Position Title: After School Program Facilitator
Position Status: Full Time
Job Summary: Hiring an After School Program Faciltator to run literacy, arts, science, and health activities with elementary children residing in Windham Heights. Facilitator will be responsible for curriculum implementation, report writing, collaborating with the community and schools, conducting student activities and planning family engagement.
Qualifications: Qualifications include excellent communication skills, time management, experience with grant writing (preferred), program development and 5 or more years working with elementary aged children. This is a grant funded position.
Working Conditions: Program operates 5 days per week (after school hours) and candidate must be willing to work some evenings and some weekends.
The Seymour-Oxford Nursery Child Care Association was organized in 1985 to provide affordable before and after school programs for children of school age living in Seymour & Oxford while their parents are working or participating in an established training program. SONCCA’S five licensed centers are located in five schools: Bungay School, Chatfield-LoPresti School, Seymour Middle School, Quaker Farms School and Center School in Oxford.
SONCCA is currently accepting application for all positions in their Seymour and Oxford Locations.
- Before School 7:00 AM till 9:00 AM
- After School 3:00 PM till 6:00 PM
- Both Before and After School
- Oxford Hybrid Program – we are looking for several time slots between the hours of 7:00 AM till 6:00 PM
Position Title: Site Supervisor
Position Status: Part-Time to Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary Statement: The Site Supervisor is responsible for developing and managing all programmatic aspects of the SONCCA program center. The Site Supervisor is required to be on-site at least 60% of the time that
the SONCCA center is open. The Site Supervisor will work with all staff members to ensure that a warm and loving environment is provided for children in kindergarten through eighth grade, thereby promoting participant self-confidence, community and self-respect, while encouraging the development of creative abilities outside of regular school hours. The Site Supervisor reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Position Title: Assistant Site Supervisor
Position Status: Part-Time
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Summary Statement: The Assistant Site Supervisor works closely with the Site Supervisor in developing and managing all programmatic aspects of the SONCCA program center. The Assistant Site Supervisor is responsible
for the administration of a SONCCA center in the absence of the Site Supervisor. The Assistant Site Supervisor will work with all staff members to ensure that a warm and loving environment is provided for children in kindergarten through eighth grade, thereby promoting participant self-confidence, community and self-respect, while encouraging the development of creative abilities outside of regular school hours. The Assistant Site Supervisor reports to the Site Supervisor under the guidance
and supervision of the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Position Title: Program Assistant
Position Status: Part-Time
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Summary Statement: The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting the Site Supervisor in developing and managing all programmatic aspects of the SONCCA program center. The Program Assistant will work with all staff members to ensure that a safe, warm and loving environment is provided for children in kindergarten through eighth grade, thereby promoting participant self-confidence, community and self-respect,
while encouraging the development of creative abilities outside of regular school hours. The Program Assistant reports to the Site Supervisor under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director
and Board of Directors.
For a complete job description and application visit the SONCCA website.
Connecticut After School Network Organization Overview – The Connecticut After School Network is a public-private partnership of statewide, regional and local groups that promote the safety, learning, and healthy development of children and youth outside the traditional classroom. Our organization is a network of many partner organizations and agencies, and facilitates connections among a broad range of state, regional, and local partners.
The Connecticut After School Network’s activities are directed toward building the capacity and commitment of communities, agencies, and systems to increase the quality and availability of programs during non-school hours. The Network’s overarching goal is to build an effective and integrated statewide system of high-quality afterschool, summer, and other expanded learning opportunities (ELOs). An effective system provides a continuum of support that ensures the academic, social, emotional, and healthy development of children from birth through young adulthood.
In order to accomplish its system-building goals, the Network brings together a diverse array of leading statewide stakeholders committed to afterschool and expanded learning opportunities to:
- coordinate and expand resources and existing capacity in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in service to afterschool and other expanded learning programs;
- sustain and expand local and state public and private support for afterschool, summer, and expanded learning opportunities;
- build the capacity of afterschool, summer, and expanded learning programs across individuals, organizations, and systems through ongoing professional development offerings; and
- seek the widespread adoption and use of standards for program quality by a range of afterschool programs and stakeholders statewide.
Position Description – The Connecticut After School Network has an opportunity for several part or full-time interns throughout the course of the year (summer, fall, and spring). This internship does not include a stipend. Reporting to the Executive Director/Director of Professional Development and Research, the intern will provide assistance and support for the communications, events planning, and everyday operations of the Network.
Responsibilities – The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining job, training, grant opportunities, and resource listings online to further professional development and program quality
- Developing a comprehensive database for afterschool and summer programs statewide, including researching program locations
- Assisting in organizing Connecticut After School Network’s professional development and network conferences/events
- Working with the Connecticut After School Network’s Executive Director/Director of Professional Development and Research to develop information briefs, white papers, and infographics and handouts for multiple audiences (programs, legislators, educational leaders)
- Completing projects to be determined between the Intern and Executive Director out of several options. Options include, but are not limited to: summer learning data collection, planning a fall advocacy campaign, resource development related to an afterschool and youth justice initiative, organizing a storytelling project, and coordinating a work group on shared outcomes measures
- Shadowing the planning and delivery of workshops for providers
- Minimum some college experience, graduate experience preferred
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and work independently
- Strong computer skills, including website management preferred
- Experience with social media preferred
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-paced office environment
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter with a subject line of “Connecticut After School Network Intern” to: Dr. Ken Anthony. No faxes or phone calls, please. Located in Hartford, CT.