The Connecticut After School Network, is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Marketing Communications Intern.
With the Network, you will be helping to expand Connecticut’s kids access to summer and afterschool programs while building your skills and your resume. Use your creative and analytical skills to solve problems and assist a statewide nonprofit to help create and execute its social media and outreach plans. If you are interested in applying your knowledge of marketing and communications techniques in a hands-on real-life meaningful way, and if you enjoy technology and want to play a significant role in building and implementing a marketing plan, please contact us immediately.
You will learn about marketing, communications and research while working on a variety of projects. This will include exposure to nonprofit and education trends, social media marketing, advertising, website and direct to consumer and business to business marketing/communications activities. You will work directly with the Executive Director to learn and complete assignments.
The experience gained with us will prepare you for a marketing or communication position, while building a skill set to make you a desirable candidate to future employers.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Implementing approved campaigns;
- Monitoring social media presence;
- Contributing and writing company blog posts;
- Market research which includes identifying and engaging with key influencers;
- Daily Social Media Outreach;
- Develop and analyze promotional social media campaigns to engage users and build followers;
- Identifying and compiling/updating list of bloggers, traditional media and other journalists for outreach.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient use of social media including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and WordPress; Experience with Constant Contact a plus;
- Organized, both online and offline, and able to multi-task;
- Clear and concise communicator;
- Responsible and detail-oriented;
- Ability to adapt and research creative content for a variety of markets;
- Strong interest in the nonprofit sector and helping children and families.
- Junior or Senior level college student or recent graduate in marketing, communications or related field.
Length of Commitment: three month minimum, starting as soon as possible
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-15 hours per week, only 5 of which must be in the Connecticut After School Network office at 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Hartford, CT. Your work hours can be flexible to fit your schedule. There are no nights or weekends required.
This is an unpaid position that should be used for college credit or personal growth. However, lots of hands-on experience, references, and a stipend for food and transportation will be provided.
If you are looking to work in a hands-on, fun environment, then we want to hear from you! To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your experience, what type of experience you are looking for as well as your availability. Please email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.