Looking for new activities? Want a change of pace? Have a couple hours of free time?
Join us for our Fun Friday series where we will choose active, fun, hands-on SEL, STEM or Mizzen activities as the feature theme each month. You’ll get a chance to try and practice a series group of activities first hand that you can roll out in your program the following week.
Meeting Dates, Title/Theme & Presenters:
- October 1: Mizzen, Shawna Viola: Shawna will be highlighting 2 art activities from the Mizzen by Mott app, aimed at grades 3-5 and 6-12. The activities will explore the life and techniques of Alexander Calder and you’ll have the opportunity to build either a wire sculpture, a mobile, or both virtually with Shawna. A list of materials for the activities will be provided for you via email once you register. If you only have some of the materials or none at all, don’t fret! The goal of our session is to really highlight the app as a tool and help spark some cool ideas. We’ll explore the app a bit, and as we move through the activities, talk about how to modify them to fit your programs needs and build off of them to create synchronous programming. So grab a snack, and maybe some glue and come critique some art created by you and your peers!
- December 3: SEL, Khadija Bshara
- January 7: STEM, Monica Whalen
- February 4: Mizzen, Shawna Viola
- March 4: SEL, Khadija Bshara
- May 6: STEM, Monica Whalen
- June 3: Mizzen, Shawna Viola
Pre-registration is required.
To register, click on the date you wish to register for.