Employers!!! Are you looking to fill your vacant after school program or summer camp position(s)? Please fill out the Job Posting form and we will post here and on our social media platforms. For additional information, please contact Marla Berrios at email@example.com.
Looking for a part-time job, a new career or simply want to make a difference? Click the headings below to view the available job with descriptions and contact information. Please contact the organization directly for any inquiries.
Inside the Network OpportunitiesJOB POSITIONS
Position Title: Development and Support Specialist
Posted: October 22, 2021
Position Status: Full time, 35 hours
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Description: The Connecticut After School Network, a state-wide nonprofit organization located in Hartford, is seeking a full-time Development and Support Specialist who will work closely with the Executive Director to research and assess grant opportunities, draft grant applications, prepare reports for funders, and implement a variety of special projects that support the organization as a whole. Key responsibilities will include:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with staff to conceptualize projects and develop budgets.
- Research grant opportunities from both private philanthropies and government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Preparation of additional reports and print materials, such as annual report, fact sheets.
Minimum Qualifications: This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical role in afterschool and summer programs statewide. Therefore, first and foremost, the Development and Support Specialist must be committed to the mission of bringing people together through local and statewide partnerships to help children, youth and families thrive. Additional qualifications must include:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least four (4) years relevant work experience
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency in both Microsoft Word and Excel; Experience with grant software a plus
- Clear and concise communicator
- Responsible and detail-oriented
- Ability to research efficiently using the internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent math ability for developing grant budgets
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Strong interest in the nonprofit sector and helping children and families
- Extremely flexible and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment
For a full job description click here.
The Connecticut After School Network is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
To apply you must submit BOTH a resume and cover letter specific for this position addressed to Michelle Cunningham, Executive Director. Both documents should be in .pdf or .doc format and included as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please. Additional writing and computation tasks and references will be required later in the application process.
While the position does not have a specific start date, application reviews and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so do not wait to apply if you wish to be considered.
Connecticut After School Network Organization Overview: The Connecticut After School Network is a public-private partnership of statewide, regional and local groups that promote the safety, learning, and healthy development of children and youth outside the traditional classroom. Our organization is a network of many partner organizations and agencies, and facilitates connections among a broad range of state, regional, and local partners.
The Connecticut After School Network’s activities are directed toward building the capacity and commitment of communities, agencies, and systems to increase the quality and availability of programs during non-school hours. The Network’s overarching goal is to build an effective and integrated statewide system of high-quality afterschool, summer, and other expanded learning opportunities (ELOs). An effective system provides a continuum of support that ensures the academic, social, emotional, and healthy development of children from birth through young adulthood.
In order to accomplish its system-building goals, the Network brings together a diverse array of leading statewide stakeholders committed to afterschool and expanded learning opportunities to:
- coordinate and expand resources and existing capacity in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in service to afterschool and other expanded learning programs;
- sustain and expand local and state public and private support for afterschool, summer, and expanded learning opportunities;
- build the capacity of afterschool, summer, and expanded learning programs across individuals, organizations, and systems through ongoing professional development offerings; and
- seek the widespread adoption and use of standards for program quality by a range of afterschool programs and stakeholders statewide.
Position Description – The Connecticut After School Network has an opportunity for several part or full-time interns throughout the course of the year (summer, fall, and spring). This internship does not include a stipend. Reporting to the Executive Director/Director of Professional Development and Research, the intern will provide assistance and support for the communications, events planning, and everyday operations of the Network.
Responsibilities – The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining job, training, grant opportunities, and resource listings online to further professional development and program quality
- Developing a comprehensive database for afterschool and summer programs statewide, including researching program locations
- Assisting in organizing Connecticut After School Network’s professional development and network conferences/events
- Working with the Connecticut After School Network’s Executive Director/Director of Professional Development and Research to develop information briefs, white papers, and infographics and handouts for multiple audiences (programs, legislators, educational leaders)
- Completing projects to be determined between the Intern and Executive Director out of several options. Options include, but are not limited to: summer learning data collection, planning a fall advocacy campaign, resource development related to an afterschool and youth justice initiative, organizing a storytelling project, and coordinating a work group on shared outcomes measures
- Shadowing the planning and delivery of workshops for providers
- Minimum some college experience, graduate experience preferred
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and work independently
- Strong computer skills, including website management preferred
- Experience with social media preferred
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-paced office environment
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter with a subject line of “Connecticut After School Network Intern” to: Dr. Ken Anthony. No faxes or phone calls, please. Located in Hartford, CT.
Remote/Work from Home OpportunitiesJOB POSITIONS
No positions available at this time
State Wide Job OpportunitiesSOUTHINGTON-CHESHIRE COMMUNITY YMCAs
What sets the Y apart is our 80 plus years of community service as a charitable organization, dedicated to creating opportunities to enhance the quality of living within the community. The programs at our YMCA encourage healthy lifestyles and are accessible to ALL regardless of financial circumstance. When you join the YMCA you become a member of a worldwide organization whose mission is to help children, families and communities reach their greatest potential. YMCA membership and involvement represents not only an investment in yourself, but also in your community.
SCCYMCA’s is currently accepting applications for multiple positions at their Southington and Cheshire locations. Program staff is very much needed as enrollment increases.
- Position Title: On Site Facility Maintenance & Housekeeping Supervisor
Location: Cheshire Community YMCA Branch
Position Status: Part Time – Monday through Friday, 3:00pm – 8:30pm, Pay Range – $18.00- $20.00 per hour
- Position Title: Membership and Wellness Director
Location: Cheshire Community YMCA
Position Status: Full Time Exempt position, Salary Range $46,000 – $52,000 based on experience
For full job description click here.
- Position Title: Health & Wellness Center Assistant
Location: Cheshire Branch
Position Status: Part time position – Mondays 6:00am – Noon, Wednesdays 2:00pm – 8:00pm, Pay Range $13.00 – $14.00 based on experience
For a job application, click here. Please send electronic resumes and 3 letters of reference to Wendy Stevens, Director of HR at email@example.com. Visit the Southington-Cheshire YMCA’s website for a full listing of all jobs available.
Summer Camp Job OpportunitiesJOB POSITIONS
No positions available at this time