Due to the storm and extended power and internet outages, we have extended the Nonprofit COVID Response Summer Mini Grant application deadline to Friday, 8/14 at 5 pm.
The Connecticut After School Network has just released two new requests for proposals for grants of up to $5,000 for summer and up to $20,000 for the school year for Connecticut nonprofits that provide school-age child care, summer youth and afterschool programs to help offset the extraordinary needs they are experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thanks to the generous support of the Connecticut Health and Education Finance Authority and the Nellie Mae Education Foundation, the Network is offering the following opportunities:
- Nonprofit COVID Response Summer Mini-Grants for school-age child care and summer youth programs in Connecticut
- Nonprofit COVID Response Fall Mini-Grants for school-age child care and youth programs in Connecticut
These grants will address needs in three specific areas:
- additional cleaning/disinfection and health/PPE supplies, services, and/or staffing;
- hazard pay (stipends) for staff; and
- support for social-emotional and mental health needs of students and staff.
Two requests for proposal are available, one for summer 2020 with proposals due August 14, 2020, and one for the 2020-21 school year with proposals due September 18, 2020. Applicants may apply for both, but must submit separate applications. Click on the links above for the details.