Whether you’re looking for general training or something very specific, the Network is the place to go for conferences and workshops. Each year we offer lots of opportunities for people who work with children and youth to get the training they need to run high-quality programs, including:
- Annual Fall Conference and Childhood Conversations Conference
- Training webinars such as Fun Fridays, Lunch & Learn Series and CLASP (PRO & STEM) Cohorts
- On-Site trainings
- and more!
→ See all our upcoming Network Training Events.
Questions about any of our training? Topics you’d like to have added? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Below you will find an array of past workshop titles and topics for your viewing. Most recordings can be found on our YouTube channel.
- April 16, 2021 – Rebuilding the Field Series: Planning for Summer 2021 (recording)
- February 12, 2021 – Rebuilding the Field Series: How Do I Advance in My Job? (recording)
- January 7, 2021 – Cloud Learning AS Series: Bringing it all together: Planning ahead for 2021 (recording)
- December 16, 2020 – Cloud Learning AS Series: Creating the Classroom of Your Dreams: Content Creation and Classroom Design (recording)
- December 11, 2020 – Rebuilding the Field Series: Local and National Perspectives on the Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic in After School (recording)
- December 10, 2020 – Cloud Learning AS Series: Virtualization of Programming: Platforms, Staffing Considerations, and Resources (recording)
- October 14, 2020 – Rebuilding the Field Series: Pro Tips for Engaging Youth in Virtual Settings (recording)
- September 12, 2019 – The Promise of Adolescence: Developmental Science & Afterschool
- September 20, 2018 – Latest Strategies for Bringing Health & Wellness to OST
- September 12, 2018 – Youth Voice in After School
- September 6, 2018 – What Works: Lessons from 100,000 Lights On After School Celebrations
- May 17th, 2016 – Community-wide Partnerships to Support Student Success
- May 12, 2016 – Making the Case for Summer Learning& Global Learning
- April 14, 2016 – Childhood Food Insecurity: What It Means, What It Looks Like, And What You Can Do About It
- February 18, 2016 – Game Design in Afterschool Settings Watch the recording, download the slides and resources.
- January 14, 2016 – Using Restorative Justice in Youth Programming View presentation here.
- October 8, 2015 –21st Century Skill Building & Global Learning View presentation here.
- May 28, 2015 – The Legal Costs of Inclusion in After School and Summer Programs View presentation here.
- May 13, 2015 – Competency-Based Learning: From Curiosity to Career View presentation here.
- May 8, 2015 – Social Media Outreach Strategies for OST Programs Webinar View slide presentation here.
- April 9, 2015 – Tinkering and the Intersection of Formal and Informal Learning Webinar View presentation here.
- February 12, 2015 – Supporting LGBTQ Youth in After School Listen to the recording here. View slide presentation here.
- February 3, 2015 – Partnering with Google to Enhance Your After School Program View the webinar here.
- January 8, 2015 — Kids with Autism – Best Practices for Inclusion Listen to the recording here.
- December 11, 2014 — Telling Your After School Story Listen to the recording here. View slide presentation here.
- June 19, 2014 — Helping Youth Thrive View View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- May 29, 2014 — Defining, Measuring and Tracking Youth Outcomes View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- March 20, 2014 — Linking After School Programs with Summer Learning Programs
- February 13, 2014 — Competency-Based Education and Its Application in Rhode Island
- February 5, 2014 — What works? What lasts? And Why?: The Neuroscience of Learning
- January 10, 2014 — From Graham Crackers to Grinders: Enhancing Your Afterschool Program with Suppers Listen to the recording here. View the slide presentation here. (PDF)
- December 3, 2013 — More Than Just Another “To-do” on the List: The Benefits of Strong School, Principal, and Afterschool/Community Relationships View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- November 19, 2013 — A New Resource for Educators, Community and Afterschool Leaders and Funders: Expanding Minds and Opportunities View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- October 31, 2013 — Embedding 21st Century Skills into Afterschool Programming Webinar View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- June 13, 2013 — Strengthening Financial Management in Afterschol Partnerships View the webinar here. (YouTube)
- April 11, 2013 — Afterschool Marketing View video here. (Dropbox)
- March 14, 2013 — Exemplary Summer Learning: Local and National Strategies View video here. (Dropbox)
- February 21, 2013 — Aligning the Learning Day View video here. (Dropbox)
- December 4, 2012 — State Funded After School Grantees Conference Call Listen to the recording here.
- November 15, 2012 — ELO and School Reform View video here. (YouTube)
- May 15, 2012 — Building Strong Alignment Between School and After School
- May 9, 2012 — Partnering Strategically with your LEA: A Recipe for Success Listen to the recording here. View the slide presentation here. (PDF)
- March 27, 2012 — The Expanded Learning & Afterschool Project Listen to the recording here. Note: The WebEx ARF player is required to playback the recording. Download ARF player
- February 17, 2012 — Changes to DPH Regulations Listen to the recording here. (mp3)
- January 24, 2012 — Expanded Learning Times and Opportunities: The Community Schools Way Listen to the recording here. (mp3) View the slide presentation here. (PDF)
Other National Conferences
In addition to the many Network offerings, here are some other possibilities you might be interested in attending:
- National Conference on Summer Learning
Summer Changes Everything
November 8 – 10 2021
Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
- Beyond School Hours XXIV
February 23 – 26, 2022
- National AfterSchool Association Annual Convention
March 20 – 23, 2022
Caesar’s Palace. Las Vegas, NV
- BOOST Conference
Inspire Youth. Inspire Learning. Inspire Change.
April 26 – 29, 2022
Palm Springs, CA