Struggling to hire staff? New staff recruitment kit could help.
Like many other industries, the afterschool field has been struggling with staff shortages. These shortages have led to reduced capacity, less availability for students and families, long waitlists, and extra stresses on existing staff — all at a time when programs could really use some relief, and the youth and families we serve really need extra support.
To help your efforts, the After School Alliance has created a Staff Recruitment Toolkit designed to help program providers recruit and hire new staff. Here is what you will find:
- Tips and ideas: 12 things you can do to recruit new staff
- Key messages
- Funding ideas to boost staff pay
- Graphics for social media
- Sample copy for emails to parents, alumni, & partners
- Sample copy for ads and social media posts
To view the toolkit click here.