This year our Lights On Afterschool celebrations might look a little different, but there are still plenty of ways to showcase the important role afterschool programs play in our communities in a safe, socially-distanced way.
Here at the Network, we decided to virtually come together in one video. Get your dancing shoes and check out how the staff is turning the #LightsOnAfterschool this year! [Strobe light warning]
Holding a virtual event is one way to ensure that you can connect with students and families while at home. Visit the Afterschool Alliance’s website for tips to help you plan the perfect virtual Lights On Afterschool event in your area.
Updated 10/13/2020: Check out all of our virtual Lights On Afterschool events happening this month, open for all to join from Oct. 19 to 23!
- Engineer for the Week activity with Facebook Engineer: Monday, Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. ET | Register
- Social-emotional learning and development activity with WINGS for KIDS: Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 5:30 p.m. ET | Register
- Young entrepreneur live panel with Youth Entrepreneur Institute and VentureLab: Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 5 p.m. ET | Register
- Draw with Young Rembrandts family art activity: Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 6 p.m. ET | Register
- Afterschool Alliance Youth Town Hall: Thursday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m. ET | Register
- Mindfulness session with Committee for Children: Friday, Oct. 23, time TBD | Register
- Ask an Astronaut Q&A: Friday, Oct. 23 at 3 p.m. ET | Register