You are currently viewing Think CT needs more after school and summer programs?

Think CT needs more after school and summer programs?

We do. And so do the 213,766 Connecticut children who would be enrolled in a program if one were available to them.DonateNowButton

We need your help to turn this number around.

Did you know that youth spend only 20% of their waking hours in school? How they invest the other 80% of their time is a game-changer.  Studies show affluent youth experience 6,000 more hours of enrichment and learning compared to their low-income peers by the 8th grade. High quality afterschool learning hours can turn this inequity around.

We are asking for your help as we lead the fight for more public investment in after school and summer programs to even out the playing field. We have made lots of progress but there’s much left to do.

Our work supports access to choices and opportunities outside the classroom. We work to secure investments that build community, family and student achievement — and ways to improve equity, effectiveness and availability of after school programs. Your donation makes this possible.

You can help by donating right now, in any amount.

Your donation today will help the Connecticut After School Network continue its fight for equity and access to high-quality summer programs for ALL of Connecticut’s kids.

The Connecticut After School Network is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We rely on your support, and contributions are tax deductible. For more information about us, visit our website at


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.