We are just 11 weeks away from one of the biggest days of giving.
GivingTuesday is among the few days of the year where people are actively seeking causes to support, rather than the other way around. On November 29, 2022, the entire world will be talking about, thinking about, and discussing ways each of us can contribute to a better society.
How you participate is up to you. Remember giving is not always about dollar signs. Here are some ideas:
- Host a holiday food drive for your community, fill a gap in services, or solve an immediate need in your community.
- Host a festival (in-person or virtual) so that local residents can learn about the missions of several organizations.
- Use the day to rally new volunteers.
- Mobilize your community to give their voice for your cause – whether that involves signing a pledge, advocating for policy change or your mission.
- Spend GivingTuesday thanking your supporters.
- Fundraise for your organization.
- Fundraise for another organization. Give your megaphone to amplify historically under-funded organizations.
- Find ways to collaborate with others. Our community is bigger than just one organization and we are not competitors – it will take all of us to work together to build the just + generous world that we seek.
- Host a takeover on your social media pages and feature organizations that you work with.
- Host 24 hours of gratitude. Post about things your organization is grateful for.
- Volunteer to act as fiscal sponsor for a local mutual aid group or community organization.
Learn more about GivingTuesday.